Sunday, January 17, 2010

Busy


  • We spent the week after Christmas back in Philly, cooking and enjoying the time off from work. My husband received the cookbook, "Down Home with the Neelys" from my parents for Christmas and we tried a number of recipes from it. We tried Cheesy Mac and Cheese with Crunchy Bacon Topping - Yum! I was hesitant about this because it was topped with bacon, potato chips, and romano cheese. My hesitations quickly left after I took a bite. We also tried the White Bean Soup with Kale and the Beef and Pork Chili with Beans (we didn't add the pork because we thought it had plenty of meat with just the beef). Everything so far has been wonderful. There are many more recipes that we are going to try out of this cookbook.

  • We re-grouted the shower.

  • I was adventurous with food! We had dinner with great friends on New Year's Eve at a lovely byob called RX. By mooching off of everyone's plates, I was able to try duck confit, octopus, beef carpaccio, and tuna tartar. The duck was wonderful but I didn't care for any of the rest. I had a great meal of squash bisque, steak, and a balsamic strawberry desert with creme fraiche.
  • We have been on a soup kick, in addition to the bean and kale soup and the chili, we also made Cheddar, broccoli, and potato soup as well as winging a potato soup in the crockpot.

  • I also made Meyer Lemon and Orange Crud Tarts. I will feature this in a post all by itself. They were so flavorful and colorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment