Saturday, December 26, 2009

Cookies! Round 3

Ricotta Chocolate Chip Cookies

Sunday was a day I spent in the kitchen. With the 23 inches of snow on the ground there was no sense in running errands so I decided to get a jump on my baking for the holidays. I first mixed up the Orange & Gray cookies because they were such a hit, next came the oatmeal raisin and finally I made Ricotta Chocolate Chip cookies from a recipe that I got from a friend. Let me tell you, they are awesome! They are light and cakey.

Ricotta Chocolate Chip Cookies

  • 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 lb. ricotta cheese
  • 1 tbsp vanilla
  • 4 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 large bag of chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°F.

In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated, then add the ricotta cheese and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients into the wet mix and mix well. Add the chocolate chips. Drop on greased baking sheet or parchment paper and back at 350ยบ for 13 to 15 minutes.

If you find the cookies start to get hard/dry you can add a slice of bread to the container or you can dump icing on them like I did on Thursday morning. If you like and orange and chocolate combination I highly recommend using the Orange Buttercream icing from the Orange & Gray Cookies. It is a huge hit at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment