Friday, July 3, 2009

Long overdue update

I feel like I blinked and June passed me by. I cannot believe that it is July already. I vaguely remember a bunch of rain and a super busy month at work. I am wishing that I could have the day off to start the holiday weekend early like most of the city, but I will be working today. We are spending the day shooting shoes.

I've gotten hooked on Lifetime's Army Wives. I have finished season one and two on DVD. I'm loving it. I don't know if I like it because it resonates with me a little bit, but I can say that it is good TV. I sat down Monday evening and started & finished the latest Stephanie Plum novel. It was a silly, easy read. I think that the buff, straight fireman that has to take a second job as being a Mr. Clucky (chicken) mascot for a fast food chain in order to support his cross dressing and expensive handbag habit was a little over the top though.

I need to vent for a minute and say that I hate the neighbors kids. Maybe I hate the parents for letting the kids run around at 10:30 at night screaming, yelling, riding their little training bikes up and own the street. They have taken to stopping in front of our house and screaming at the cats if they are in the window. I don't feel like this is appropraite behavior for their parents to allow them to do. It makes them bad neighbors. I can handle the kids until about 9 o'clock, but after that I have had enough. I am ready to start winding down and relaxing. None of that includes screaming kids. They out last night until after 11. These are pretty young kids too, under the age of 5. Crazy, right? Or am I just too harsh? Having the air conditioners running helps cut the noise a little bit, but it is still very apparent. I am not sure if I should talk to them and if so, how to approach the subject.

On another note, Kassena has inspired me to finally put a wedding album together, so after almost 3 years I think i will start on that project this weekend. We went over to to her and Anthony's place and she showed me the one that she is designing for her wedding. It looks great, I cannot wait to see it printed. They also fed us our first vegan meal, they made lasagna with eggplant, roasted peppers, and sweet potato with wheat meat and fermented soy with homemade sauce and pesto. It was yummy, yep I just said that something completely out of my food world was yummy. Thanks Kassena and Anthony!

So what are your plans for the 4th? We are both working today so no major plans. I may hit the farmers market with Kassena in the morning but other than that it will probably be a relaxing weekend. After this week of work, I need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment